KRISHNA CONSCIOUS residency EXPERIENCES at GITA NAGARI
Beginning this Fall 2021, Gita Nagari will be offering Krishna conscious immersion experiences for new and experienced bhakti practitioners ages 18-28. We invite you to come stay at Gita Nagari for 3 months, 6 months or 9 months. Live and serve with us in a Krishna conscious environment and experience an immersion in a bhakti lifestyle with a personalized service portfolio. Gita Nagari provides a sacred and supportive environment to practice sadhana, learn scripture, meet bhakti practitioners from around the world and serve according to your capacity and inspiration. We hope to provide a space where you can come closer to finding what inspires you in Krishna consciousness and give you tools, skills and guidance to achieve your spiritual and material goals.
What to Expect
Develop a morning sadhana, (spiritual practice) partake in delicious vegetarian prasadam (spiritual food) and milk products from Gita Nagari’s protected cows, learn many different types of services, participate in outreach programs and harinams at local Universities, attend retreats hosted by Gita Nagari, study bhakti scriptures, make lifelong friends, hear from a community of seasoned bhakti practitioners, participate in community festivals and receive one-on-one guidance in our mentorship program.
A Day in the Life (5 Days a Week)
- 6 AM Japa Meditation
- 7 AM Morning Class (Srimad Bhagavatam curriculum in discussion format)
- 8 AM Honoring Srila Prabhupada (Guru Puja)
- 9 AM Breakfast
- 10AM – 1 PM Service
- 1 PM Lunch
- 2-3 PM Free time
- 3-5 PM Service
- 5-6:30 PM Evening program (Tue/Wed/Thurs)
- 6:30 PM Dinner
*This schedule applies for the Gauranga Track. The Nityananda Track is part time service to facilitate those with remote schooling/ work.
- Weekly Harinam/ College Outreach Programs
- Community Kirtans
- Yoga Asana classes
- Career Aptitude workshop
- Seminars by experienced devotees
- Recreational activities and nature
- Community festivals on Vaisnava holidays
- One day off per week
- Learning how to cook/ cooking/ kitchen prep & clean
- Working with the cows & creamery
- Tending Tulsi & making Tulsi garlands
- Flower garlands
- Cleaning the temple & other spaces
- Hospitality (facilitating guests/ giving guided tours/ bookings)
3 Month Program
- Bhagavad Gita Course (all 18 chapters)
- Vaisnava Etiquette Course
- Kirtan Course (how to play instruments/ lead kirtan, kirtan philosophy & mood)
- Srimad Bhagavatam class (2 cantos every 3 months)
6 Month Program
Everything in 3 Month Program plus:
- Nectar of Devotion Course
- Ongoing Kirtan Course
- Lessons from Chaitanya Charitamrita & Gaudiya Vaisnava History Course
9 Month Program
Everything in 6 Month Program plus:
- Nectar of Instruction & Sri Isopanisad Course
- Bhakti & Sustainability
All participants will have a weekly meeting with facilitators to support their experience
All participants are expected to chant a minimum of 8 rounds of the Maha-Mantra per day and follow the four regulative principles (no meat eating, no gambling, no intoxication, and no extra-marital sex) during their stay at Gita Nagari.
The team at Gita Nagari values compassion, growth, sustainability, education, relationships, and fun and invites those persons who value the same to join us!
Gauranga Track: Constitutes 25 hours of service per week plus morning program 5 days a week plus 3 evening programs.
There is no charge for room and board on this track.
Nityananda Track: Constitutes 5 hours of service per week plus morning program 5 days a week plus 3 evening programs.
Cost for this program is $500 per month including room and board